The Bloor Annex BIA, a well established main street retail business area (BIA), requires a Project Administrator.
Reporting to the the Chair (and/or Designate), the individual will make use of his/her expertise and knowledge of both public and private sector resources to assist the BIA in fulfilling its project goals.
Specifically, a major street revitalization is being planned by the Bloor Annex Business Improvement Area for Bloor Street: https://www.bloorannex.ca/revitalization
The Individual shall:
- Attend and provide support services for committee meetings
- Execute all administrative functions related to the project
- Assist in the coordination of joint partnerships between the BIA, the City, DTAH (the design firm contracted for the project) and other stakeholders
- Complete other Duties that may arise through the project (for example, the provision of new bike parking places)
The Individual must:
- Be skilled in project administration and have a intimate understanding of the role of BIA’s
- Possess excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written and be able to write to disseminate project updates widely as required.
- Be highly organized, self-motivated and possess basic computer and book keeping skills
- Have some knowledge of municipal government structure and operation
Working with the Chair, the BIA Project Administrator will, in addition to the duties outlined above, be responsible for liaising with City staff where necessary and individual BIA member businesses as it relates to the project.
Available immediately. part-time contract for 15 months (Sept 2018 onward) with opportunity for Contract extensions. Remuneration $20/hr., no deductions as you will be providing services as an independent contractor. Hours per week will vary widely with the work with a minimum expected of ten per week.
We thank all applicants for their submission but only candidates for interviews will be contacted.
Bloor Annex BIA