Bike & shop on Bloor and win.
This summer the Bloor Annex BIA and Cycle Toronto are running a contest to let local businesses know we bike and buy!
To enter: post a photo of you and your purchase, including the business name and #BloorLovesBikes. Show us you biked to buy by including your helmet, bike key, bike in your photo – or be creative.
Contest Period: July 24 – August 31, 2018.
The contest is open to all residents of Toronto.
Shop at any Annex business on Bloor St. W. You’ll receive one entry for every unique post (e.g. you would get two entries if you shared two posts showing you bought a notebook at Midoco and a meal at Ghazale).
The contest is open from Tuesday, July 24, 2018 to Sunday, August 31, 2018.
Buy any product or service to support your local Annex businesses, then share a photo of what you got, along with something showing that you biked to get there. A few ideas:
- A bike selfie with your helmet
- Your bike basket containing your purchase
- Your bike keys (extra feel-good points if you include your Cycle Toronto key tag)
- Your yoga mat tucked into your pannier ready for class
- A glamourous photo of you and your trusty ride in front of the shop
It’s easy: share a photo of what you bought and where and post it on social media using #BloorLovesBikes.
Optional: tag the business. If you don’t know if they’re on social media, you can always ask a staff member – it’s a great way to share that you’re biking and buying!
Example: Popped by @shopJuxtapose to get a birthday gift for a pal – and didn’t have to worry about finding a good parking spot. #BloorLovesBikes [Photo of your bike locked up at a ring-and-post on Bloor St., with your perfect birthday gift tucked into your basket]
The Annex Bike & Shop contest is all about supporting local businesses, which contributes to thriving economies, vibrant streets, and healthy communities. Nearly a year after the Bloor St. bike lanes were made permanent after a landslide vote at City Council, more people than ever are biking on Bloor as part of their daily routines, which might include stopping for groceries, going to a fitness class, picking up craft supplies, or grabbing a post-work pint.
Yet there are still misconceptions that car parking is the be-all, end-all of successful commercial streets. We’re running this contest to show that people biking are an integral part of Toronto’s bustling shopping districts – and that local businesses benefit when they accomodate people biking and getting around actively, for example by providing convenient bike parking, barrier-free access, or even discounts for people who demonstrate they biked to buy.
- Curbside Cycle at 412 Bloor St W, $250.00 gift certificate.
- Sweet Pete’s Bicycle Shop at 517 Bloor St W, $250.00 gift certificate.
Secondary prizes ($50 gift cards):
- Ahimsa Yoga Centre at 440 Bloor St. W.
- Alex Cuts at 386 Bloor St. W., 2nd floor
- Common Sort at 444 Bloor St. W.
- Famoso Neapolitan Pizzeria at 386 Bloor St. W.
- Fennel Organic Vegan Eatery (inside Noah’s) at 322 Bloor St. W.
- Frames N’ Graphics at 461 Bloor St. W.
- Metro Supermarket at 425 Bloor St. W.
- Paupers Pub at 539 Bloor St. W.
- Presse Internationale at 537 Bloor St. W.
- Transense Healing Arts Holistic Centre at 344 Bloor St. W., #610